AWP Technician Grade 3 - Qatar
Under direction, repairs/installs and maintains Aerial Work Platform equipment in a safe and professional manner, including DC electrical systems, hydraulic systems, & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub assemblies, by performing the duties listed below.
● Reports to Workshop Manager – Qatar LLC
Tasks and Responsibilities
● Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures.
● Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
● Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of Aerial Work Platforms and associated equipment, which utilise mechanical, diesel, electrical and electronic systems.
● Installs and repairs mechanical, hydraulic or electrical parts such as hydraulic cylinders, engine parts, switches, controllers and associated components.
● Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
● Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
● Lubricates and cleans parts
● Starts / operates devices to test their performance
● Sets up and operates repair equipment and repair parts according to instruction & procedure
● Diagnose, and carry out preventive maintenance according to manufactures, and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, and attending breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet.
● Reads, follows, understands oral and written instructions.
● Issue “Field Service reports” and “service work orders” on maintenance tasks and faults, and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task.
● Maintain service vehicle in a clean & professional manner
● Operates equipment, demonstrate and familiarise customers when necessary.
● Inspects used parts to determine imperfections or changes in dimensional requirements
● Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments & repairs or replaces defective parts & components
● Installs special functional and structural parts in devices & equipment.
● Calibrate equipment using electronic aids and procedures and programmable controllers.
● Troubleshoot and Inspect machine (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components) to detect faults and malfunctions.
● Perform a variety of specialized maintenance and repair work assigned such as –major overhauls of engine, hydraulic pumps & cylinders, rotary coupling, swing drive, torque hub and other mechanical components.
● Perform first check and final inspection of machines in accordance with TMW guidelines.
● Repair electrical components such as starter motors, alternators, and various controllers used on the AWP’s.
● Test and perform pressure setting procedures of function pump, control valves, charge & pressure valves, Engine valve lash adjustment.
● Use basic testing and measuring instruments such as JLG and Ezcal analyzer, multi meter, battery tester, and mechanical testing/adjusting tools to Test, analyze, calibrate and adjust equipment parameters.
● Read and interpret basic hydraulic & electrical schematic and troubleshoot faults on various AWP’s.
● Work individually and will lead a team in major repair and maintenance.
● Flexible in responding to changes in schedules and scope of job required on all Manlift equipments.
● Travel extensively as workload and schedule demands change, and respond to 24 hours emergency calls in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs.
● Diploma/ Certificate in engineering./ 3 - 5 years of increasingly responsible maintenance and repair experience in AWP’s or related equipment.
● Manufacturers training on AWP repair / maintenance.
● Experience & knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures.
● Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
● Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
● Valid GCC/ Qatari driving license.
● IPAF certification (preferable)
● Methods, terminology, tools and spare parts used in the maintenance and repair of AWP’s.
● Occupational hazards and standard safety practice involved in AWP operation & maintenance