AWP Technician (Qatar)
Purpose / Overview
Under direction, repairs/installs and maintains Aerial Work Platform equipment in a safe and professional manner, including DC electrical systems, hydraulic systems, & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub assemblies, by performing the duties listed below.
- Reports to Workshop Manager – Qatar LLC
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of Aerial Work Platforms and associated equipment, which utilise mechanical, diesel, electrical and electronic systems.
- Installs and repairs mechanical, hydraulic or electrical parts such as hydraulic cylinders, engine parts, switches, controllers and associated components.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Starts / operates devices to test their performance
- Sets up and operates repair equipment and repair parts according to instruction & procedure
- Diagnose, and carry out preventive maintenance according to manufactures, and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, and attending breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet.
- Reads, follows, understands oral and written instructions.
- Issue “Field Service reports” and “service work orders” on maintenance tasks and faults, and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task.
- Maintain service vehicle in a clean & professional manner
- Operates equipment, demonstrate and familiarise customers when necessary.
- Inspects used parts to determine imperfections or changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments & repairs or replaces defective parts & components
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices & equipment.
- Ability to repair mechanical and electrical sub assemblies such as- engine (top overhaul), hydraulic cylinders, control valves, axle weldment, starter motor, drive /torque motors, rotary coupling etc.
- Perform first check and final inspection of machines in accordance with TMW guidelines.
- Operate and test various types and models of AWP’s functions to establish proper performance.
- Use basic testing and measuring instruments such as JLG and Ezcal analyzer, multimeter, battery tester, and mechanical testing/adjusting tools to Test, analyze, calibrate equipment parameters.
- Read and interpret basic hydraulic & electrical schematic and troubleshoot faults on various AWP’s.
Details of more specific additional duties: (Including but not limited to)
- Applying approved methods of work & repair practices. Alternative methods will be considered after consultation. An example of approved procedures for the maintenance and repair of equipment is the “Service Work Order”.
- All Technicians involved in “On site servicing” & “Breakdowns”, must adopt & use the approved procedure only. Examples of some of these procedures are; the correct use & completion of “Field Service Reports”, correct phone procedure, & the polite communication with clients at all times.
- Any parts replaced must be recorded on the approved “service work order” or “Field service reports”.
- All parts that are replaced under warranty must have the appropriate paperwork completed as soon as the part has been used. (Determination of warranty status can be obtained from the Workshop Manager).
- All tools used must be operated in the manner for which they were designed; looked after and returned to their correct location at the end of the working day.
- All work practices must be safe. Applicable “Personal Protective Equipment”, such as Safety glasses & hearing protection, must be used at all times where applicable.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment and make repetitive hand movement, heights on ladders, to lift, carry, push and or pull moderate amount of weight, to operate/test the assigned equipment, communicate to exchange information.
- Vision should see in the normal visual range with or without correction. Vision sufficient to read computer screens and on board digital controller screens and schematic drawings.
- Hearing in the normal audio range with or without correction. .
Manlift Core Values
- Safety Enthusiasm & Drive
- Responsiveness – Teamwork Integrity
Function Key Competencies
- Flexibility Communication skills
- Organisational skills Problem Solving
- Teamwork / Independence
- Certificate in engineering. Preferred 3 - 4 years of increasingly responsible maintenance and repair experience in AWP’s or related equipment.
- Manufacturers training on AWP repair / maintenance/ Any other equipment related industrial training/ Experience & knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
- Valid GCC/ Qatari driving license.
- IPAF certification (preferable)
- Methods, terminology, tools and spare parts used in the maintenance and repair of AWP’s.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practice involved in AWP operation & maintenance.