Business Development Specialist
Purpose / Overview
This role will be responsible to lead business development activities in a way which promotes the profile of the business, develops key account relationships and enables revenue growth. The BD Sepcialist will work seamlessly and collaboratively with the rental/ sales team members and will liaise with the Commercial Manager & UAE Country Manager.
- Reports to Commercial Manager
- Dotted line report to UAE Country Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop profitable and sustainable Commercial (Rental & Sales) activities in line with the Commercial strategy.
- Proactively create prospects through lead generation and market research to grow Manlift’s portfolio.
- Gather, analyse and anticipate customer needs and market developments and opportunities.
- Identify and follow up enquiries and leads with new and existing customers. Conduct customer visits with the aim to secure and retain the business through strong relationships.
- Supports marketing in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete management information and reports, including but not limited to revenue & utilization, market industry trends, customer visits, forecasts and competitor activity
- Participate in fairs, trade shows and other relevant events.
- Maintain up to date commercial skills, market and product knowledge
- Participate in the professionalization and structuring of the equipment rental process, including CRM system and key account management tools
- Supports and works within the Manlift Way guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Adhere to Corporate Governance and Code of Conduct Policies.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Influencing Others
- Communication & negotiation skills
- Solution minded
- Customer Orientation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- 2 years experience selling – industry experience advantageous but not essential. Proven track record in a sales position with responsibilities gained in the service industry, ideally in the Auto or Equipment Rental industry.
- Through Knowledge of the service industry and its business drivers.
- Higher education degree or work level
- Role will cover UAE (may require travel to GCC countries); UAE driving license necessary
- Ability to understand technical aspects of AWP
- Strong commercial knowledge
- Strong command of English and knowledge of an additional language is an asset
- Excellent command of MS Office applications
- Willing to work in an international network organization