Credit Control Manager (Ongoing - Qatar)
This role will be responsible for the Day to the finance / accounts of the Manlift’s businesses. Also responsible to help Finance Manager to drive the Business - increase revenue / cost control.
- Reporting to Finance Manager Qatar
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for the Manlift group’s Accounts Receivable of Qatar
- Key Account Management
- Risk Analysis and order release
- Follow up on outstanding payments, negotiations and settling payment plans in advance
- Liaise with Top Customers from the entry level till the off hire of the Contract and to ensure that the relation is smooth and payments are timely.
- HQ Reporting
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and other periodic reports for Senior Management for over dues, cash flow and risk analysis with update on all customers.
- keeping up to date with industry developments and market trends
- Liaise and provide Working Capital Reports to Holland on timely basis
- Timely alert to Senior Management of any doubtful debts and discuss any future course of action including Police Case, Legal, Settlement or Arbitration.
Day to Day Activities
- Managing a team of Commercial Assistants in the day to day functioning of the Commercial Department
- Identify “risky” accounts and provide regular updates , order release and management
- Follow up with key/high profile accounts if necessary
Receivable – General
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of Invoices produced and timely delivery to Clients
- Chairing monthly Bad Debts review meeting with the Management
- Review and analyze delinquent accounts and make recommendations for resolutions
- Management of Bad Debts and adequate provisioning
- Generate letters to be used in Debt Recovery
- Liaising with Governmental and Solicitors for debt recovery
- Chairing weekly Debtors meeting with Sales and Commercial teams
- Coordinate with the Sales team for the collection of payments from Customers
- Follow up on the legal cases against the relevant Customers and update the status on a timely basis to the Senior Management
- Develops and implements a robust credit control mechanism (including standardizing policies & procedures); regularly review the same and make recommendations for improvement.
- Directly communicates and visit high value customers to establish relations; manage relationships with the clients in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt.
- Manages the credit control team (allocates individual targets; reviews the same continuously to ensure targets are met; supports team members as and when required ensuring motivation levels are maintained).
- Continuously monitors outstanding (ageing reports, etc.) so that proper follow up is maintained and appropriate action can be taken to minimize overdue debts.
- Drives continuous improvements in cash collection and DSO performance.
- Initiates legal action against defaulters; liaise with internal and external legal bodies and keeps Line Managers informed on status; represent Company in legal cases if required.
- Leads negotiations, where required, with customers on deciding the credit terms.
- Continuously reviews the Customers Credit Limits and payment terms and propose a revision, where necessary.
- Liaise with credit agencies for any escalated collections and update the senior management on any major developments.
- Seeking approvals from Senior Management for any write off’s and Bad Debts Provisions
- Ensure timely posting of Invoices and Payments into the accounting systems before month end closing.
- Any other duties as required by the Management.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills, negotiation, clear presentation
- Service-oriented and proactive team player
- Ability to make decisions
- Able to motivate and challenge team members
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confident and professional approach to work.
- Accurate and efficient account reconciliation skills (basic accounting).
- Knowledge of credit control principles.
- Time management skills - analytical and prioritization skills.
- Commercial and legal awareness.
- IT literacy - Microsoft Excel-Intermediate or Advanced essential
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organization
- Ideally possess 3-5 years supervisory level experience in collections or finance function.
- IT literate, with advance Excel skills.
- Strong organisation, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience dealing with internal and external customers
- Proven skills in administration and data management
- Ability to manage a team
- Fluent in English. Arabic is desirable.
- Tertiary qualified (eg: Diploma in Business), ideally BCom or MBA.
- Qatar or convertible drivers licence a must.
- Proven track record in effective credit management