Purpose / Overview
To lead business development in the events sector in a way which promotes both the profile of that segment of the business and enables revenue growth.
- Reports to Commercial Manager
- Dotted line report to UAE Country Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development and agreement of business objectives and strategies for the events sector in consultation with the UAE Country Manager.
- Contribution to the BD activities through identification and lead generation of key accounts in the events sector.
- Maintenance of the operational standards of Manlift’s business development activities to ensure:
- Our branding approach is implemented effectively
- Communication materials effectively represent the positioning of each area
- Our approach to pitches is informed by sector knowledge
- The management of events is efficient and cost-effective
- PR strategies support business development plans and enhance campaigns
- Initiating, overseeing and delivering local event projects aimed at identifying and winning new business .
- Developing and delivering pitches and tender responses.
- Taking ownership of the implementation of local initiatives as part of the wider events sector in the BD team. In particular, development and growth within the events industry.
- Acting as a conduit of information and collaboration to further connect existing and new market opportuinities to potential deals.
- Supports and works within the Manlift Way guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Adhere to Corporate Governance and Code of Conduct Policies.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Influencing Others
- Communication & negotiation skills
- Solution minded
- Customer Orientation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Self motivated & results oriented
- 1 - 2 years experience selling – industry experience advantageous but not essential. Proven track record in a sales position with responsibilities gained in the service industry, ideally in the Auto or Equipment Rental industry.
- Higher education degree or work level.
- Commercial logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and be generally commercially aware.
- Possess the energy and enthusiasm to drive new business initiatives, influence partners and analyse and deliver results whilst paying attention to detail.
- UAE driving license necessary
- Ability to understand technical aspects of AWP.
- Strong commercial knowledge.
- Strong command of English and knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Excellent command of MS Office applications.