This role will be responsible for the familiarisation training and instructor training of operators of AWPs. In addition to this purpose, “off-hire” inspections are also a component of the Operations Specialist’s role.
Training may be applied at Instructor level - issuing licences or familiarisation level – issuing familiarisation certificates
- Reports to Deputy Country Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scheduling and delivering training to a required standard e.g. IPAF and Manlift company standard
- Ensuring appropriate materials and training area are prepared to required standard and available for use during indoor and outdoor training sessions
- Ensuring machines / vehicles (where used) comply with relevant legislation
- Ensuring Health & Safety of self and delegates at all times during training
- Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork by self and delegates e.g. quotations, candidate registration forms, evaluation sheets, invoicing and payments.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all time
- Liaise with IPAF UK with IPAF paperwork/licences for course attendees
- Plans and executes training sessions for Manlift customers according to Manlift and relevant rules procedures and processes
- Liaises with customers providing reports on successful or unsuccessful candidates including follow up recommendations
- Adheres to minimum training requirements as stipulated by Manlift and relevant regulatory organisations
- Inspects AWPs after off-hire, to determine suitability for rental or repairs
- Operates and Function tests AWPs providing reports via approved documentation
- Completes Fall-Arrest and Fall-restraint harness examinations
- Conducts “walk – around inspections” of AWPs
- Conducts site surveys to pre-determine AWP model suitability for intended use and application
- Completes “post training” reporting requirements liaising with hire desk personnel
- Provides a supportive communication role between customer, Manlift sales representative, hire desk, and technical department
- Maintains accurate training records as per the third parties requirements and Manlifts requirements
- Performs regular application specific “Risk Assessments”
- Maintain high levels of personal appearance, and personal protective equipment as issued
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Adhere to Corporate Governance and Code of Conduct Policies.
- Supports and works within the Manlift Way guidelines.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Technical Expertise
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- 3 years experience in operating various types of Aerial Work Platforms, Operator licence in IPAF categories 1a, 1b, 3a, 3b & H and First Aid certification
- Require IPAF Demonstrator, level qualification (other recognised training bodies will be considered). IPAF instructor certification is desirable and advantageous.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Hindi, Urdu or Sri Lankan dialects is a significant advantage.
- Experience training or delivery of presentations
- Any type of “train the trainer” qualification is an advantage
- Drivers licence is essential