Operations Manager (India)
Responsible for translating national organisational strategy to operational strategy, the development of operational policy, plans - fitting with the Group Operations strategy - and its implementation. Ensure optimum cooperation with commercial external field through the internal field (rental and sales), for optimal use of the fleet deployment and efficient use of technical services and transport facilities.
- Reports to the Country Manager (India)
- Dotted line report to Group Managing Director
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain the operational strategy, policy and (annual) planning.
- Create and introduce agreements, procedures, structures and regulations, in order to obtain an efficient and effective implementation.
- Implement, assess and possibly modify procedures, structures, and regulations.
- Monitor and direct the use of facilities, budgets, energy and time and taking correcting decisions.
- Lead the definition and implementation of operational excellence across the Manlift Operations Teams (Fleet, Procurement, Technical, IT, etc.). Develop KPI’s and monitor team results accordingly.
- Lead the implementation of RTP projects, KPI’s and Lean Management on a country level.
- Collaborate with HR in defining, implementing and monitoring the application of performance management.
- In consultation with management, plan investment decisions.
- Make decisions (when they arise) on investments within the approved budget/Internal authorization matrix.
- Support of the Team leads in the daily management of the processes and employees.
- Make proposals, initiate and guide change processes.
- Support managers in the day-to-day management of processes and employees, shaping the department, work processes and division of work.
- Prepare and conduct meetings to improve the integration of departments.
- Make proposals on the working conditions of the employees.
- Making agreements on training and development for the employees.
- Prepare various reports on the progress and result of the work (both physical and financial).
- Guide the implementation of TRW projects, KPIs and Lean Management at the national level, thus responsible for the correct implementation of The Riwal Way through the execution of CIRs.
- Guide Depot Managers operationally to achieve the set goals (KPIs) per location.
- Responsible for India fleet optimization, translation of ‘Fleet needs’ India to HQ.
- Responsible for correct in and outflow of machines through the PDI department for both India and HQ requirements.
Operational management of equipment lease activities
- Develop Equipment lease department Policies and Procedures.
- Manage Logistic department system and team.
- Develop effective relationship between Sales, Accounting and Leasing team.
- Responsible for Operational performance of equipment leasing.
- Ensure department activities is performed timely, effective and within budget frames.
- Responsible for equipment safe work and safe lifting operations within the Company's activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, economics, logistics, or technology.
- At least 8-10 years work experience in operations in similar organisations (of which >5 years as manager).
- Extensive knowledge of the rental (preferably aerial work platform) market.
- Knowledge of policy making (vision, objectives, planning and resources).
- Knowledge of improving working processes and implementing changes (Lean / Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent command of English & Hindi, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of and extensive experience in project management.
- Strong scheduling and planning abilities.
- Strong Management reporting and presentation skills.
- Skilled to prepare Department annual business plan.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable industrial standards.
- Good knowledge of industry applicable certification and HSE standards.
- Advance MS Office and Windows user.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Willing to work in an international network organization.
- Knowledge of leading and coaching employees and how to give correct instructions.
Functional key competencies
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Result minded
- Leadership skills