Power Senior Technician - Qatar
Installs and maintains generator equipment in a safe, and professional manner in the most effective and cost efficient way possible to avoid down time including DC electrical systems & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub assemblies including alternators, generator canopies, transformers, cabling, fuel tanks, switch gear, by performing the duties below.
The Senior technician serves as an advanced level worker performing the most complex assignments, and also provides technical assistance in diagnosis and repair of generator equipment. This position requires to possess a high degree of independent judgment in making decisions without availability of supervision, also schedules work, monitors quality control for work performed and customer relations.
Reports to Workshop Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Works within and supports Manlift Way.
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of generator sets and associated equipment. Which utilise mechanical, diesel and electrical and electronic systems.
- Diagnose, carry out preventive and routine maintenance according to manufactures, and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, trouble shooting, and breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet. - Read, follow, understand and communicate schematic drawings, and written instructions.
- Performs checks on Manlift equipment before and after use for damage, hours used, fuel level and safety compliances.
- Inspects tests, evaluates, calibrates and update generator systems and wiring to improve reliability and to assure dependability and safety compliance.
- Trouble shoot and inspect engine to detect faults and malfunctions, on fuel injection systems, cooling systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems. Sub assy engine repairs or overhaul.
- Prepare new rental/sales equipment for delivery into fleet or customer.
- Under supervision installs special functional and structural parts in devices & equipment.
- Testing electrical components and taking equipment reading with various tools and meters to determine appropriate repairs.
- Work individually or within a team, commissioning/decommissioning of power projects, including synchronize and load sharing of generating sets.
- Issue activity reports on faults, and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task. i.e; Breakdown- reports and service work orders
- Recognise, and propose the need for tools or other inventory to Workshop Manager.
- Be flexible in responding to changes in schedules and scope of job required on all Manlift equipments.
- Maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner; ensure the vehicle is properly maintained at all times.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes. - Adhere to Corporate Governance Policy.
- Travel extensively as work load and schedule demands change, and respond to 24 hours emergency calls in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs.
Details of more specific additional duties: (Including but not limited to:)
- Applying approved methods of work & repair practices. Alternative methods will be considered after consultation. An example of approved procedures for the maintenance and repair of equipment is the “Service work order”
- All technicians involved in “On site servicing & “Breakdowns”, must adopt & use the approved procedure only. examples of some of these procedures are; the correct use & completion of “ Client call out reports”, correct phone procedure,& the polite communication with clients at all times.
- Any parts replaced must be recorded on the approved “service work order” or “ Client call out reports”.
- All parts are replaced under warranty must have the appropriate paper work completed as soon as the part has been used.(Determination of warranty status can be obtained from the Workshop Manager)
- All tools used must be operated in the manner for which they were designed; looked after and returned to their correct location at the end of the working day.
- All work practices must be safe. Applicable ”Personal Protective Equipment” such as safety glasses & hearing protection, must be used at all times where applicable
Function Key Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Solutions Orientation
- Stress Management
- Communication Oral / Written
- Preferred 5 -6 year’s experience maintaining and/or repairing Generators & associated equipment, diesel engines, plant equipment etc.
- Experience & knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures.
- UAE or GCC convertible LGV Drivers licence.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Tertiary engineering qualification would be advantageous;
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop
- Team player and leader with customer focus, result oriented;
- Willing to travel nationally;