Trainee VAT Specialist (UAE)
The primary responsibility of this role is working independently on all the VAT related activities within Manlift Middle East.
Reports to Finance Manager of UAE
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise the VAT Process.
- Ensure that all reporting and deliverables are accurate and met on a timely basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of VAT rules and tools / applications supporting the VAT return process.
- Ensure compliance with local and GCC VAT legislation
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as well as manage Tax Authorities audit queries as required.
- Participate in preparation and delivery of VAT training to other Finance internal teams.
- Support Manager on queries, reporting and ad-hoc projects and ensure internal controls are met.
- Provide reporting to management/senior management on issues and projects.
- Lead internal projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks.
- Lead implementation and support to other GCC counties if applicable.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Results Driven
- Communication Skills
- Detail Orientated
- Hands On Mentality
- Customer oriented
- Ideally possess 2+ years experience in finance environment
- Basic understanding of VAT and Accounting principles
- Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent qualification would be preferable.
- Professionally qualified or pursuing qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or relevant experience
- IT literate, with advance Excel skills
- Experience dealing with customers and both internal and external
- Proven skills in administration and data management