Transport Planner UAE
This role will be responsible for efficient and effective transport/ logistics planning in coordination with the Hire Desk team. Working closely with the Workshop Manager and Hire Desk in the operations department to ensure timely delivery and collection of AWP equipment.
Reports to Commercial Manager/ Country Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for efficient and effective planning and performance of the transport operations (inbound & outbound movements)
- Arranging the correct transport to deliver the machines after coordinating with site persons and sales managers for delivery & collection times, site location details & specific site access needs.
- Proactive coordination with Customers, Transport Sub-contractors and internal depts. to ensure communication of relevant plans and issues is clear
- Daily communication with HD Controllers and delivery of requests
- Ensure accuracy of delivery notes handed by hire desk representatives
- Preparing “pre-delivery” photographs of the machines & having them printed out and attached with the delivery notes.
- Arranging the transport to return the equipment back in coordination with the customer
- Maintaining machine movement sheets and cross checking the transport invoices.
- In conjunction with the CM, preparing damage reports, estimating cost in coordination with Technical Department and coordinating with sales staff for the generating of invoices accordingly.
- Assist in Follow-up payment of damaged equipment invoices.
- Having at least three alternative transport companies available at short notice.
- Record monthly transport movements or other trips for billing purposes and to share with Finance
- Ensure that the highest level of professionalism is maintained through the use of SLA's, KPI's and SOP's
- Analysis of trip information
- Ensure that the transport tracking report is up to date and accurate
- Review internal processes for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest possible areas for improvement where necessary.
- Manage Transport drivers, assign tasks to them, GPS Tracking, monitoring their performance
- Develop, manage and maintain key relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery is in line with the business’ corporate objectives, on time and within the agreed budget.
- Prepare any relevant month end finance reports to assist the accounts department.
Function Key Competencies
- Solutions Orientation/ Decisive
- Thoroughness/ Organised
- Stress Management
- Enthusiasm & Drive
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years related professional work experience, post university graduation.
- Logistics experience in the Middle East/ geographical transport coverage and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards
- Good understanding of transport planning practices, including the underlying principles sufficient to carry out and lead transport planning
- Sound commercial acumen and business awareness; negotiation skills
- Committed to quality outcomes; able to learn and retain new skills quickly from a variety of sources
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Some experience project/financial management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and building co-operation.
- Competence with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both written and spoken; including presentation competency. Hindi is advantageous.