Workshop Supervisor - AWP
Repairs/installs and maintains Aerial Work Platform equipment in a safe and professional manner, including DC electrical systems, hydraulic systems, & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub assemblies, by performing the duties listed below.
The senior technician serves as an advanced level worker performing the most complex assignments, and also provides technical assistance in diagnosis and repair of Aerial work platforms.
This position requires an employee to possess a high degree of independent judgment in making decisions without availability of supervision, also schedules work, monitors quality, efficient and cost effective approach in doing task and valued customer relations.
- Reports to Workshop Manager – Manlift Qatar LLC
- Performs a variety of duties related to the maintenance and repair of AWP’s.
- Performs preventive maintenance of AWP’s in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations and Manlift service schedules.
- Prepare and maintains a variety of written records and reports, reads and interprets plans and specifications.
- Responds to customer inquiries in a courteous manner, provides information within the areas of assignment.
- Work safely and adhere to safe work practices and procedures in accordance with the TMW (The Manlift Way).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of Aerial Work Platforms and associated equipment, which utilise mechanical, diesel, electrical and electronic systems.
- Installs and repairs mechanical, hydraulic or electrical parts such as hydraulic cylinders, engine parts, switches, controllers and associated components.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Starts / operates devices to test their performance
- Sets up and operates repair equipment and repair parts according to instruction & procedure
- Diagnose, and carry out preventive maintenance according to manufactures, and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, and attending breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet.
- Reads, follows, understands oral and written instructions.
- Issue “Field Service reports” and “service work orders” on maintenance tasks and faults, and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task.
- Operates equipment, demonstrate and familiarize customers when necessary.
- Inspects used parts to determine imperfections or changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments & repairs or replaces defective parts & components
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices & equipment.
- Reads, follows, understands and communicate schematic drawings, service and parts manuals.
- Calibrate equipment using electronic aids and procedures and programmable controllers.
- Troubleshoot and Inspect machine (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components) to detect faults and malfunctions./span>
- Work individually and will lead a team in major repair and maintenance.
- Travel extensively as workload and schedule demands change, and respond to 24 hours emergency calls in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs.
- Flexible in responding to changes in schedules and scope of job required on all Manlift equipments
- Understand and prioritize work plans to complete assignments with quality work and minimum supervision.
- Provides instructions and training in the proper methods and processes necessary to perform equipment repairs, inspection and preventive maintenance.
- Implement, recognise and proposed tools necessary to complete the task in safe, efficient and shortest possible time.
- Plan, schedule preventive and routine maintenance according to manufacture and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, diagnostics and associated breakdowns on all Manlift equipment
- Understand and prioritize work plans to complete assignments with quality work, cost effective, responding to an emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs.
- Analyze existing work procedures and develop a plan to improve ways to provide, efficient, time saving and cost effective approach processes.
- Perform a variety of specialized maintenance and repair work assigned such as – major overhauls of Engine, Hydraulic pumps & cylinders, Rotary coupling, swing drive, torque hub and other mechanical components.
- Repair electrical components such as starter motors, alternators, and various controllers used on the AWP’s
- Test and perform pressure setting procedures of function pump, control valves, charge & pressure valves, Engine valve lash adjustment.
- Use testing and measuring instruments to Test, analyze, calibrate and adjust/ upgrade JLG control system, Genie generic system, Teupen TODAC system, EZcal on MEC, Snorkel & Skyjack machines.
- Read and interpret basic hydraulic & electrical schematic and troubleshoot faults on various AWP’s
- Carry out major refurbishment work of AWP’s which involves replacement of boom/scissor assembly and major components/span>
- Periodic safety, operation and maintenance inspection of machines at various sites.
- Install track and trace equipment on AWP’s and upgrade equipment system performance in accordance with manufacturer's safety notice.
Details of more specific additional duties: (Including but not limited to :)
- Applying approved methods of work & repair practices. Alternative methods will be considered after consultation. An example of approved procedures for the maintenance and repair of equipment is the “Service Work Order”. /span>
- All Technicians involved in “On site servicing” & “Breakdowns”, must adopt & use the approved procedure only. Examples of some of these procedures are; the correct use & completion of “Field Service Reports”, correct phone procedure, & the polite communication with clients at all times.
- Any parts replaced must be recorded on the approved “service work order” or “Field service reports”.
- All parts that are replaced under warranty must have the appropriate paperwork completed as soon as the part has been used. (Determination of warranty status can be obtained from the Workshop Manager).
- All tools used must be operated in the manner for which they were designed; looked after and returned to their correct location at the end of the working day.
- All work practices must be safe. Applicable “Personal Protective Equipment”, such as Safety glasses & hearing protection, must be used at all times where applicable.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment and make repetitive hand movement, heights on ladders, to lift, carry, push and or pull moderate amount of weight, to operate/test the assigned equipment, communicate to exchange information.
- Vision should see in the normal visual range with or without correction. Vision sufficient to read computer screens and on board digital controller screens and schematic drawings.
- Hearing in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Function Key Competencies
- Communication skills
- Teamwork / Independence
- Organisational skills - Problem Solving
Manlift Core Values
- Safety - Enthusiasm & Drive
- Degree or diploma in engineering/ 7 -10 years of increasingly responsible maintenance and repair experience in AWP’s or related equipment.
- Experience & knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
- Valid UAE driving license.
- IPAF certification.