AWP Service Technicians (UAE & Qatar)
Purpose / Overview
Under direction, repairs/installs and maintains Aerial Work Platform equipment in a safe and professional manner, including DC electrical systems, hydraulic systems, & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub assemblies, by performing the duties listed below.
- Reports to Workshop Manager – Qatar LLC
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of Aerial Work Platforms and associated equipment, which utilise mechanical, diesel, electrical and electronic systems.
- Installs and repairs mechanical, hydraulic or electrical parts such as hydraulic cylinders, engine parts, switches, controllers and associated components.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Starts / operates devices to test their performance
- Sets up and operates repair equipment and repair parts according to instruction & procedure
- Diagnose, and carry out preventive maintenance according to manufactures, and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, and attending breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet.
- Reads, follows, understands oral and written instructions.
- Issue “Field Service reports” and “service work orders” on maintenance tasks and faults, and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task.
- Maintain service vehicle in a clean & professional manner
- Operates equipment, demonstrate and familiarise customers when necessary.
- Inspects used parts to determine imperfections or changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments & repairs or replaces defective parts & components
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices & equipment.
- Ability to repair mechanical and electrical sub assemblies such as- engine (top overhaul), hydraulic cylinders, control valves, axle weldment, starter motor, drive /torque motors, rotary coupling etc.
- Perform first check and final inspection of machines in accordance with TMW guidelines.
- Operate and test various types and models of AWP’s functions to establish proper performance.
- Use basic testing and measuring instruments such as JLG and Ezcal analyzer, multimeter, battery tester, and mechanical testing/adjusting tools to Test, analyze, calibrate equipment parameters.
- Read and interpret basic hydraulic & electrical schematic and troubleshoot faults on various AWP’s.
- Certificate in engineering. Preferred 3 - 4 years of increasingly responsible maintenance and repair experience in AWP’s or related equipment.
- Manufacturers training on AWP repair / maintenance/ Any other equipment related industrial training/ Experience & knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
- Valid GCC/ Qatari driving license.
- IPAF certification (preferable)
- Methods, terminology, tools and spare parts used in the maintenance and repair of AWP’s.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practice involved in AWP operation & maintenance.