AWP Technician Grade 2 - Qatar
Purpose / Overview
Under direction, repairs/installs and maintains Aerial Work Platform equipment in a safe and professional manner, including DC electrical systems, hydraulic systems, & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub assemblies, by performing the duties listed below.
● Reports to Workshop Manager – Qatar LLC
Tasks and Responsibilities
● Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures.
● Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
● Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of Aerial Work Platforms and associated equipment, which utilise mechanical, diesel, electrical and electronic systems.
● Installs and repairs mechanical, hydraulic or electrical parts such as hydraulic cylinders, engine parts, switches, controllers and associated components.
● Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
● Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
● Lubricates and cleans parts
● Starts / operates devices to test their performance
● Sets up and operates repair equipment and repair parts according to instruction & procedure
● Diagnose, and carry out preventive maintenance according to manufactures, and Manlift requirements, as well as fault finding, troubleshooting, and attending breakdowns on all equipment in rental and sales fleet.
● Reads, follows, understands oral and written instructions.
● Issue “Field Service reports” and “service work orders” on maintenance tasks and faults, and the parts, labour and time taken to complete the task.
● Maintain service vehicle in a clean & professional manner
● Operates equipment, demonstrate and familiarise customers when necessary.
● Inspects used parts to determine imperfections or changes in dimensional requirements
● Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments & repairs or replaces defective parts & components
● Installs special functional and structural parts in devices & equipment.
● Ability to repair mechanical and electrical sub assemblies such as- engine (top overhaul), hydraulic cylinders, control valves, axle weldment, starter motor, drive /torque motors, rotary coupling etc.
● Perform first check and final inspection of machines in accordance with TMW guidelines.
● Operate and test various types and models of AWP’s functions to establish proper performance.
● Use basic testing and measuring instruments such as JLG and Ezcal analyzer, multimeter, battery tester, and mechanical testing/adjusting tools to Test, analyze, calibrate equipment parameters.
● Read and interpret basic hydraulic & electrical schematic and troubleshoot faults on various AWP’s.
● Certificate in engineering. Preferred 3 - 4 years of increasingly responsible maintenance and repair experience in AWP’s or related equipment.
● Manufacturers training on AWP repair / maintenance/ Any other equipment related industrial training/ Experience & knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures.
● Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
● Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
● Valid GCC/ Qatari driving license.
● IPAF certification (preferable)
● Methods, terminology, tools and spare parts used in the maintenance and repair of AWP’s.
● Occupational hazards and standard safety practice involved in AWP operation & maintenance.