Company Secretary (India)
Responsible to process records for legal memo of the company in addition to conducting annual general meetings, the incumbent will require to monitor the required changes in legislation and regulatory management. You will be responsible for taking care of the statutory & internal compliance as may be requiring in accordance to the RIWAL policy and GOI. In conjunction you will collect writing reports, updated data and takes decisions with regards to tax and Legal providing general advice with regard to corporate secretarial practice.
- Reports to the Country Finance Manager with dotted line report to Country Manager (India)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing a corporate and social sustainability framework
- Handles the promotion, formation and incorporation of companies and matters related therewith.
- Responsible for filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative.
- Coordinates the board/general meetings and follow-up actions thereof.
- Acts as the custodian of corporate records, statutory books and registers.
- Manages the Secretarial/Compliance Audit.
- Signing of Annual Return where necessary and responsible for other declarations, attestations and certifications under the Companies Act, 1956.
- Engaging Corporate & Legal consultants for corporate & legal compliance management.
- Would create committees as may be required by the corporate under legislation.
- Responsible for CSR activities and management.
Corporate Laws Advisory and Representation Services
- Advises Manlift India on Compliance of legal and procedural aspects under various corporate laws and acts, Foreign Exchange, Consumer Protection, Environment, Labor, Mergers and Acquisitions, Foreign Collaborations and JV’s, subsidiaries, Competition.
- Will be responsible to represent Manlift India and other connected persons before various boards and forums including but not limited to Company Law Board, Registrar of Companies, Tax Tribunals, Consumer Forums and Other quasi-judicial bodies and Tribunals
Arbitration and Conciliation Services
- Advises the company on arbitration, negotiation and conciliation in commercial disputes between various parties
- Acts as arbitrator/conciliator in domestic and International commercial disputes
- Drafts Arbitration/Conciliation Agreement/Clause
- Acts as Advisor/consultant in issue of shares, ESOP’s and other securities in India and abroad
- Participate and assist Banking Services, Finance and accounting Services, Taxation Services, Information Technology
- Will also assist, participate, partner with internal and external stakeholders in areas of:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Communication with various stakeholders, like Shareholders, Government, Regulators, Authorities etc
- Industrial and labor laws
- Works very closely with the Finance and Legal departments
- Frequent interaction with executive management (CM, BU heads, Finance, HR, IT etc).
Relationships with Other Jobs:
- Be a qualified company secretary enrolled with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India with Degree in Law.
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant and recent experience (preferably with multinational companies).
- Adept at working with various stakeholders; has good time management skills and has the ability to cope with a fast paced environment.
- Ability and confidence to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with colleagues and all levels of management.
- Good knowledge of Indian Companies Act 2013 and related legal regulations like Industrial Disputes Act, Income Tax Act, SEBI, Environmental laws, Foreign Exchange Management Act. Have good relationship with Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and other statutory authorises as may be required under various legal provisions.
- The ability to analyse problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgement.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- IT literate, with advance Excel skills.
- Strong command of English and knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Sense of urgency and ability to adjust organisational priorities in an ever changing market.
- Willing to travel within India as required.