Credit Control Specialist
This role will be responsible for the Day to the finance / accounts of the Manlift’s businesses. Also responsible to help Credit Control Manager and Finance Manager to drive the Business - increase revenue / cost control
- Reporting to Credit Control Supervisor with dotted line report to the Finance Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Manlift group’s Accounts Receivable of Qtr.
- Key Account Management.
- Risk Analysis and order release.
- Follow up on outstanding payments, negotiations and settling payment plans in advance.
- Liaise with Top Customers from the entry level till the off hire of the Contract and to ensure that the relation is smooth and payments are timely.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and other periodic reports for CC Manager for cash flow and risk analysis with update on all customers.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments and market trends.
- Timely alert to Senior Management of any doubtful debts and discuss any future course of action including Police Case, Legal, Settlement or Arbitration.
Receivable - General
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of Invoices produced and timely delivery to Clients.
- Review and analyze delinquent accounts and make recommendations for resolutions.
- Management of Bad Debts and adequate provisioning.
- Generate letters to be used in Debt Recovery.
- Liaising with Governmental and Solicitors for debt recovery.
- Coordinate with the Sales team for the collection of payments from Customers.
- Follow up on the legal cases against the relevant Customers and update the status on a timely basis to the CC Manager.
- Directly communicates and visit customers to establish relations; manage relationships with the clients in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt.
- Ensure individual targets are met on a quarterly basis.
- Drives continuous improvements in cash collection and DSO performance.
- Leads negotiations, where required, with customers on deciding the credit terms.
- Continuously reviews the Customers Credit Limits and payment terms and propose a revision, where necessary.
- Liaise with credit agencies for any escalated collections and update the senior management on any major developments.
- Seeking approvals from Senior Management for any write off’s and Bad Debts Provisions.
- Ensure timely posting of Invoices and Payments into the accounting systems before month end closing.
- Provide general administration support where needed.
- Supports and works within the Manlift Way guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Communication skills, negotiation, clear presentation
- Service-oriented and proactive team player
- Ability to make decisions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confident and professional approach to work
- Accurate and efficient account reconciliation skills (basic accounting)
- Knowledge of credit control principles
- Time management skills – analytical and prioritisation skills
- Commercial and legal awareness
- Customer oriented
- Ideally possess 3+ years finance or collections experience
- QTR or transferable GCC drivers license a must
- IT literate, with advance Excel skills
- Experience dealing with internal and external customers
- Proven skills in administration and data management
- Have excellent time management, organisation skills and the ability to multi task
- Strong English communication skills
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop
- Self motivated person with good analytical skills