Equipment Sales Manager
Purpose / Overview
Responsible to develop profitable and sustainable regional equipment sales activities in line with the overall Manlift sales strategy and budget. The Equipment Sales Manager is expected to create and maintain good long term relationships with a wide range of clients. He will be responsible for visiting key accounts and strategic partners or reps in the heavy equipment/ construction/ facilities management industry. He is responsible for identifying & exploring new market opportunities.
- Reports to the Country Manager (India)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation and roll out of Magni/ Dingli AWP and Telehandler sales throughout India (will require regional travel).
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with the Country Manager.
- Ability to value sell solutions.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge.
- Deliver and complete tender proposals. Complete understanding of pricing and proposal methods.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry out a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximises all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business needs.
- Participate in the definition of the sales strategy, to achieve annual plans and budgets.
- Manage own sales performance based on set of agreed KPI’S and targets.
- Gather, analyze and anticipate customer needs and market developments and opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and potential customers and partners.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete management information, including but not limited to previous sales and forecasted
- Participate in the professionalization and structuring of the equipment sales process, including CRM system and key account management tools.
- Update CRM database of qualified leads through referrals, face to face cold calling on business owners, email and networking.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Sales Force to maintain accurate records to maximise territory potential.
- Closely work with the marketing department to agree on the necessary marketing tools and actions to support the sales function.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentation.
- Maintain up to date selling skills, market and product knowledge.
- Participate in trade shows and other relevant events.
- Supports and works within Manlift Way guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of Indian aerial or industrial machinery/ equipment market; with 5+ years’ experience in sales, key account management and tendering process.
- Proven track record in a sales position with responsibilities gained in the service industry, ideally in the Auto or Equipment Rental industry. Through Knowledge of the service industry and its business drivers.
- Higher education degree and work level.
- Strong commercial knowledge and understanding of customer service.
- Experience in making presentations.
- Proven ability in achieving sales targets.
- IT literate, with advance Excel skills.
- Strong command of English and knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
- Outstanding relationship selling skills and negotiation acumen.
- Works effectively with employees throughout organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Sense of urgency and ability to adjust organisational priorities in an ever changing market.
- Multi cultural and cooperative mind set; willing to work in an international network organization.
- Willing to travel as required.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Influencing Others
- Communication & negotiation skills
- Solution minded
- Customer Orientation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Self motivated & results oriented