Hire Desk Specialist
This role will be responsible for efficient and effective operation of the Dubai / Abu Dhabi Hire Desk.
Reports to Operations Manager – Manlift
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scheduling operations supervisors on site “familiarisations” & “off-hire inspections”. Monitoring the delivery of machines and assigning tasks to the operations supervisors.
- Attending to incoming hire desk related calls, distributing incoming calls as required.
- Preparing hire agreements and emailing/faxing to the customer.
- Following up hire agreements, LPO’s prior to delivery of machines.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed and filed in coordination with the Operations & Technical Manager to ensure machines are ready to dispatch to clients.
- Arranging the correct transport to deliver the machines after coordinating with site persons and sales managers for delivery & collection times, site location details & specific site access needs.
- Preparing “pre-delivery” photographs of the machines & having them printed out and attached with the delivery notes.
- Preparing the delivery notes and providing them to the transporter.
- Maintaining current utilization reports, ops supervisor schedule reports, and equipment availability reports.
- Collecting / following up for the acknowledgement by the customer / client.
- Preparing a job file against each machine & filing the documents, including delivery note acknowledgements.
- Forwarding the information and updating the “daily movement sheet”.
- Scheduling and preparing off hire notes as per the instructions from customer letter and Sales Staff.
- Arranging the transport to return the equipment back in coordination with the customer.
- Inspecting faxes, liaising with the Sates staff & technical staff closely, for coordination of each specific job.
- Preparing off hire notes and delivering the appropriate files to accounts dept, to generate the invoices including.
- Liaising with accounts dept for any clarifications required.
- Maintaining machine movement sheets and cross checking the transport invoices.
- In conjunction with the WM, preparing damage reports, estimating cost in coordination with Technical Department and coordinating with sales staff for the generating of invoices accordingly.
- In conjunction with the WM, Maintaining the appropriate damage reports.
- Assist in Follow-up payment of damaged equipment invoices.
- Recording required details for clients who have completed their equipment ‘familiarisation’ from operations supervisors. Including preparation of relevant documents and forwarding these to the customers.
- Having at least three alternative transport companies available at short notice.
- Prepare any relevant month end finance reports for Access Platforms’ and Generators to assist the accounts department.
- Degree or diploma in engineering/ or management
- Minimum 5 years of experience with at least 1 years in a supervisory role.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated
- Team player with excellent communication and people management skills.
- Negotiations skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS office
- Fluent in English, Hindi will be an advantage.