Sr. Engineer - Technical
Sanand - India
Performing, maintaining, servicing, and repairing Manlift Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP’s) & related equipment. Perform and carried out the efficient execution of the Manlift wide maintenance strategy, spare requirements, standards, processes, policies, and tools to optimize the availability for rental of all machines, that are presented in safe, reliable and esthetically in good condition.
- Reports to Technical Manager/Depot Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform the Workshop, yard and related activities like first check, repair line, field service, ready line and other work assigned by the TM/DM in a manner that supports our best practise goals, related to machine efficiency in the Manlift “Rental cycle”, Safety, Health, Environment and Quality standards, and our customers’ expectations.
- Performing the field service complaint, assigned by TM/DM in Insphire system for the resolution and closure in a manner that supports to customer, to enhance product reliability by using our best practise goals, related to machine efficiency, resolution time.
- Performing and completing preventive maintenance of Manlift India Fleets as and when assigned.
- Recording the spare and consumable consumption in the Insphire system as and when used during closing of work order in the system.
- Support Technicians/Engineers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment as per requirement.
- Perform the MEWP “Field service” and “Breakdowns” with efficiency and within our KPI goals.
- Analyse and diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment to carry out the troubleshooting.
- Perform dismantling, assembling, and installations of MEWP’s as and when assigned.
- Requisitions and uses spare parts in an efficient and orderly manner, including “good fault diagnosis” “prior to any parts replacement”. Share the Spare parts requirement to TM/Parts Specialist for improving Kanban accuracy.
- Guides others and uses testing, Calibrating/programming equipment for adjustment and diagnosis of machine functions, within set parameters, as provided by Manlift.
- Estimates job hour requirements for completion of job assignments, furthermore, develops these estimates into standardised labour and process times.
- Follows and Interprets company policies and procedures, including ensuring that technicians and direct reports, understand and follow the same. This includes following and using approved maintenance inspection, documents, field service documents, warranty documents and all safety and efficiency protocols.
- Informing /Intimating to TM/OH/SHEQ Manager regarding carnage activity and any other Incident which is going to harm MEWP and personnel security.
- Ensures the correct use, efficient storage and security of all tools and equipment allotted to him.
- Interprets specifications & job work orders assigned to him in Insphire for discharging the work accordingly.
- Ensures that work procedures are meeting or exceeding operational and customer demands.
- Suggest ideas for improve maintenance methods, equipment performance, and quality of work performed.
- Suggests improvements in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Daily reporting to the Technical Manager/Depot manager provided in a timely manner.
- Works within the Organisations “Code of Conduct” “SHEQ” “Operational excellence” “Maintenance Policy”, relevant OEM procedures and ISO standards.
- The Country Operations Manager/Technical Manager /Depot Manager may assign other duties.
- Maintaining 5s within the Workshop.
- Following the advice, circular and instruction by the “TMW” Champion and “SHEQ” Manager to align all continuous improvement activities and best practices and knowledge transfer, including driving and supporting the development of Standardized Work to continuously improve quality, efficiency and consistency, in a structured and orderly workshop.
Manlift Core Values
Function Key Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Solutions Orientation
- Stress Management
- Graduate or diploma in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Automobile).
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience with supervisory skills.
- Experience in the MEWPs, earthmoving equipment, Gen set industry, material handling equipment is necessary.
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS office.
- Fluent in English, Hindi , Local Language will be an advantage.