Yard Controller & SHEQ Specialist - UAE
In charge of yard management, implement OHS, Safe loading/unloading, 6S and maintaining yard flow. Plan and supervise yard activities to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of yard, in coordination with the Technical Manager and other stakeholders considering commercial and operational factors and ensuring compliance with safety and discipline, while adhering to Company policies and procedures, health and safety of the workers, vehicle operators, material movers, visitors and helpers.
- Reports to the Operations Manager - UAE
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise the MEWP incoming and outgoing in the depot. 1. Proper and Safe unloading and loading activity, random check as and if only needed.
2. Parking of Mewp in the staging areas if guidance is needed.
3. Identify areas for overflow parking.
4. Random MEWP final check (per model) and provide reports for common technical/aesthetics issues found. (Spider in the Web (SIW) training required).
5. Inspect all completed machines and tag ready line prior to dispatch. Final test report to submit.
- Daily Inspection of workshop/yard Equipment: Inspect all workshop equipment such as air compressor, battery chargers, electrical appliances, lifting gear, tools& tackles on daily basis and report health and upkeep of equipment.
- Responsible for Waste Water recycling plant operation and maintenance. Maintain a weekly checklist and housekeeping. 1. Supervise housekeeping in the area.
2. Ensure checklist are done by the washman and kept updated.
- Assist in yard additional activities that take place in the depot 1. Coordination with involved staff for yard requirements and preparation.
- Supervise SHEQ awareness in the depot. (Working with SHEQ Champion) 1. Near miss unsafe act and condition recording. To carry out a stand up meeting as needed.
2. Supervise work PPE violations in the shop floor and in the yard.
3. Supervise major repair works in the workshop and depot and ensure lifting/rigging operation performed in a safe manner.
4. Supervise proper waste disposal and waste segregation.
5. Ensure suppliers and third party follows PPE policy in the depot.
6. Supervise 6s in the shop floor; carry out necessary actions as needed.
7. Identify areas for immediate actions due to SHEQ issues.
8. Control & Ensure vehicle speed in yard controlled @ 5km/hr and notify over speeding personnel.
9. Supervise facility management (electrical equipments, plumbing, trees cutting, and facility equipment maintenance).
Function Key Competencies
- Flexibility - Communication skills
- Organisational skills - Problem Solving
- Teamwork / Independence
- Solution Oriented
- People Management skills
Manlift Core Values
- Safety - Enthusiasm & Drive
- Responsiveness – Teamwork - Integrity
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in Supervisory role at the workshop/maintenance department.
- IT literate, with advanced Excel skills, Word and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Tertiary engineering qualification would be advantageous.
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
- NEBOSH certificate and any related SHEQ training